Saturday, June 13, 2009

A layout and an update on Mickey

We had Mickey's appointment with his doc yesterday and it went pretty well. I had a little scare on the way in because he was sleepy and I kept thinking it was pre-seizure not just drowsiness. I actually pulled over and checked on him just to make sure. Poor kid! At his doctors, he still had a fever of about 101 so we have to continue the tylenol/ibuprofen regimen we've got going on. I may stop that today as he feels fairly cool this morning. I really hope so because he hates having the medicine and I hate waking up every three hours in the middle of the night. LOL!

There's a chance that he may be in the third of kids who have recurring febrile seizures and not just one so we have to keep Tylenol in the car just in case. His ear infection is almost cleared up so his pediatrician thinks that the ER doc was right about another viral infection.

On to scrappin' stuff!

Here is my layout for the final round at the Scrapbook Nook. We had complete creative freedom with this, it just had to be a layout. I had these first pics of Audrey smiling and knew that they were what I wanted to scrap.


And a few close ups. :)


The journaling goes around the edge of the yellow paper and reads:

That smile~greets me every morning~starts out adorably one-sided~is beautiful~makes me smile~will hopefully be enough to get us through her teenage years~is lovely~makes me happy~more than makes up for lack of sleep~melts our hearts~is completely uninhibited~was photographed for the first time on May 31st

I used little adhesive pearls as bullet points in between the journaling to match the ones on the flowers and the butterfly.

The judges have this weekend to decide so we'll probably hear back by Monday.

Wish me luck!!! :D

No comments: