Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Mind's Eye Challenge-Snow!!!

I found the time to participate in the My Mind's Eye blog challenge! I love doing their challenges and love how this layout turned out. I'd taken this shot and wasn't sure I'd be able to scrap book it. The challenge, to scrap what winter means to us, really was the perfect use!

Since it's a MME challenge, I used MME's Holly Jolly line, and a little bit of Lush and Lost and Found. I used my Rock Candy stickles just on the snowflake image of this die cut and the brad is from Lost & Found.

The snowflake is from Maya Road and I misted it (to death!) with cream mist from Studio Calico and two colors from Tattered Angels. I also used my glaze pen on the snowflake on the chipboard circle. Oh, and after I did my journaling, I realized that it was kinda hard to read. So I underlined it with a white Glaze pen. Not as obvious as my white Uni-ball but still gives the words some definition. (Hee, check out my pun!)
Oh, and I finally, finally (!) used my Silhouette! I cut the title out of some of the Holly Jolly paper and used another color of Stickles to create some faux snow on the letters.
I stuck really, really close to the sketch. Sometimes, I like to go nuts with sketches and other times, I use it as exactly as I can. This was sooooo one of those times. LOL!
Journaling reads~Even the lightest traces of snow makes it feel like winter has arrived. I love the cool bite in the air, the softness and the beauty. Winter is just another season without snow!

5 comments:

lisa said...

I love your winter page : )

The Gov. said...

Beautiful layout!

The Gov. said...

This is a beautiful layout!

Michelle Price said...

Gorgeous!

Luv2talk said...

Wow! That is super duper pretty. I absolutely LOVE it. The white on white is so effective. LVOE IT!