Monday, January 21, 2013

Ten Embellishments

Another Moxie Fab challenge, this one to use 10 or more embellishments on a card.  I'm not going to lie, I had a rough time with this challenge.  I just couldn't figure out what I wanted to do.  Finally, I decided to try pulling a bunch of embellies in one color, in this case orange. 
 
The starfish piece was the second one I pulled.  I looked at the rest of the pieces in the pack and switched gears.  I chose the pieces with orange, brown and a little gold on them. 
 
Then, I had to find a sentiment that looked right (took two different card bases for that!) and some shell stamps to go with.  I finally added the pearl and a little pen work and called it done.
 
 
So there you have it, a simple but not so easy card to make!
 
Supplies Used:
Cardstock-American Crafts, Chipboard-Pink Paislee, Stamps-Hero Arts for Studio Calico & Stampin' Up!, Ink-Stampin' Up! & Ranger, Pen-Le Pen, Pearl-Kaiser Craft

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Oooh I love this card and the different hexagons! Beautiful! I like the color combo, too.

Chark said...

Nice job--tough challenge!

Lea L. said...

This is really pretty! I love the soft beachy colors, and those hexagons are lovely!

suzeyq said...

Ooooh those hexagons!! ♥

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Erica! Thanks for linking this up to the Use 10 Different Embellishments Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)