Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Freeze!!! It's the spending police!

OK, OK, I know I said that Frugalities was off limits. However, I have a really good excuse.

I have no self-control! :D

So, after a Frugalities order and a QVC order today, I have come to the hard decision that I must document my freeze. And, I must set up some rules to minimize thawing.

Rule 1-I may only order once from Stampin' Up! between now and CKC-Seattle. (And, I must keep my order as small as possible. Hopefully, mom needs, er, wants a lot of stuff so I can stay a demonstrator. :D

Rule 2-I may not buy adhesive. (I just bought the Glue Dots set from QVC, that should hold me until CKC)

Rule 3-I may not buy refill blades. (Just bought two packs at local Kroger (Fred Meyer))

Rule 4-No buying scrappin' stuff at non-scrap stores. (Used to do this to get around previous freezes.)

Rule 5-The Treasure Box Club is allowed. However, previous kits and extras from previous kits are not.

Rule 6-If I follow the above rules, I may purchase the new Simple Scrapbooks when it shows up in the afore-mentioned grocery store. (I already subscribe to CK and Scrapbooks, Etc!!!)

Rule 7-Must go through one category of scrap items per week in order to purge for fund-raising crafters garage sale.

OK, that's it. Seven rules. Hopefully, it's my lucky number. I know it's not a traditional freeze but rules 1, 5 and 6 will keep any mini-thaws from being full-on melts. And, rule number 7 will remind me weekly of just how much stuff I have.

So, do you have any tips on helping me stay frozen??? Or on just increasing self-control?

:D

2 comments:

IamDerby said...

oh this made me LOL! I have no (NO) control when it comes to scrapbooking stuff. Frugalities has been my downfall lately.... and not that I dont love the ckmb but I have bought so much more since I started reading there.... just the other day I ran to big lots because of a thread posted there!! lol
PS thanks for stopping by my blog

Unknown said...

I am frozen too... although I have had no time to scrap my own projects, I have bee knee deep in DT porjects. I suggest looking at every purchase as something taken from your kids, gets me everytime! I will have something in my hand and put it down because I feel like I am stealing from my chidlrens college fund or something! works well on a freeze! Maybe to well, now that I have the Ok to buy a camera I am still dragging my feet!


Oh an d I tagged you too, check out my blog!

See ya!

~Liz