Friday, August 3, 2007

Husbands!!!!

Or, I should say, my husband!!! Sometimes he tries so hard to do good and it just backfires because he tries to do it on his own and not have me help.

Case in point, packing for our camping trip this weekend. He loaded all our camping stuff in the back of our truck. Why is this bad, you say? Many reasons. I need to get the trucks oil changed and go to the store and I'm always afraid someone will jack stuff out of the back since we don't have a canopy. And, he filled the cooler with beer and water. The cooler that needs to have food in it too!!! So, now instead of stacking a case of beer and a case of water, I need to figure out how to fit in 30 cans of beer and 48 bottles of water!!!!! Oh, and did I mention the truck bed is completely full and we need to fit ourselves in the front bucket seats, our son in his car seat in the back along with at least two bags of clothes, a stroller, a plastic container with all the non-perishable food and another container with baby stuff (dipes, wipes, life vest, etc.)

So, instead of reducing the amount of stuff I have to do today, because of my husbands "help", I have to unload almost the entire truck and repack!!! ARGH!!!!!

Side note: We are camping where it will be in the 80's during the day and 40's at night!!! I hate packing for trips like that, it almost doubles the amount of clothing you need!

3 comments:

Julie, aka Scrapperdays said...

Hi there,
I linked to your blog off of Liz's blog, and I just cracked up at the camping story. Once, my husband completely took down our campsite while I was at the shower. I came back to find all our stuff packed and ready to go home, the problem was - I hadn't taken new clothes to the shower--I was still in my PJs. He unpacked really fast! great blog! Here's mine if you are interested: http://scrapperdays.blogspot.com/
Take care!

Unknown said...

completly laughing at scrapperdays post! gotta love a man who has priorities! I bet he thought I should take care of this now before I forget. hope you had fun!

Erica Hettwer said...

Oh, that is hilarious, scrapperdays!! My DH does that kind of stuff all the time! And, he seriously has selective hearing. He only hears about half of what I say!!! LOL!!!!

Thanks for the comments, girls!!!

Erica
~melegs