Saturday, August 18, 2007

The house search continues...

If you read a few posts down, you'll know that I want a goat and Andrew may actually be on board with it. We had discussed getting a goat (or goats) after we buy a new house and we actually had one in mind. One of Andrew's customers is retiring and moving to the coast and told Andrew that he'd call us first when he put his place on the market. His place is just outside of town, has a large shop and would be great for what we need. Well, we just found out that although he's just retired, he's not moving for THREE years!!!

That is just not going to work. We've got two adults, one infant, one dog and one cat living in 988 square feet! Our current house has three teeny bedrooms (one of which has the doors removed and is our office/cat's room), one bathroom and four of the tiniest closets ever! My scrapbooking stuff is in a roll top desk and some Target cubes in the dining area. Sounds good except it's an area, not a room and it is the first thing you see when you open our front door. It looks awful, especially when I'm in the throes of creativity(read: stuff flung everywhere) or stuck on a LO(read: stuff laying out for days). So, we were just kind of making due until we were able to buy this guys home. Oh, and we want to have another kid sooner than later and in this house it would be just ridiculous! Possible, but ridiculous! LOL!

So, the house search is back on. Ideally, we want anywhere from 2 to 5 acres, just outside the Canby city limits and in the Canby school district. We'd like four bedrooms with at least two baths and a large shop on the property with an office in it for the business we will be buying in a few years. I'd also like a large area for entertaining our families and another area for all the kids to hang out without driving the adults nuts. (Andrew and I are both one of six kids so our family functions can get huge to say the least.)

In real life I'll settle for something in the Canby school disctrict with room to build a shop and at least three bedrooms with room to expand later on. In the meantime, my honey is keeping his eyes peeled when he's out on calls and bringing home flyers. And, I'm looking online and driving around the area looking too.

I'll be so happy when we finally find a place and are able to move. I'm so tired of my house being in a constant state of disarray from not having enough room to put things away. It gets so frustrating I'm almost wondering if we should just buy a larger house in town and then in a few years buy our dream property. I don't think Andrew would go for it though. We're both country kids and the only redeeming factor about our house now is the very large lot we live on.

Well, I'm off to go try to purge my closet in the never-ending search for more space...wish me luck!!! :D

3 comments:

joscelyne cutchens said...

Good Luck on the house search! Why do you want a goat? Are they good pets?

also: you've been tagged...
come see OHScrap!

Unknown said...

good luck on your house hunt! can't wait to see your goat!

~liz

Alicia said...

Good luck sweetie! And it's so weird to see you with a different last name still, even though I know I've been the weird one with the different last name for more than 8 years now ... good luck! Goats are great. Of course, alpacas rock, too ...