Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Sketch World Sketch-a-thon!!!

Every day of the Sketch-a-Thon, Lucy posts a sketch and a challenge along with it. If you do just the sketch you get one entry in the drawing and if you do the sketch and incorporate the challenge with it, you get three points. (ps-don't tell Andrew I used the word incorporate!) Each point enters you into a drawing for a ton of prizes. If Jillibean Soup, Nikki Sivils, Imaginisce, Shimmerz, Dixie Pieces, My Scrapbook Nook, A Walk Down Memory Lane and a half dozen other places sound like good sponsors you reaaaaaaally want to join in. The prizes are amazing!!!

Here are my entries so far in the My Sketch World Sketch-a-Thon.

Day 1-A Birthday themed layout. I really wanted to dig into my My Scrapbook Nook February kit and none of the birthday pics I had really worked with it so...I kinda stepped outside of the box a little and used a pic from Audrey's Birth Day. :)


Day 2-The challenge was a color combo challenge. Black, white, orange, dk blue and light blue. I turned the banners in the sketch into buttons. I love how this card turned out! :)

Day 3-We had to use some distressing on this one so I sanded the edges of the patterned paper. Again, from the Nook February kit.

I did a little fussy cutting on this so I wouldn't lose so much of the cool patterns on this paper. Oh, and lest you think that it's totally not my style, the last sentence of the journaling on this page reads, "We think you are as pretty as a peacock...and just as loud!". LOL!!!


Day 4-This challenge was to use the sketch to create a card with masculine colors and theme. I had my Father-in-Law in mind when I made this one. He'll be getting this one for Father's Day!


Day 5-This one was a time challenge. We had to have it in the gallery by the end of the day. I dug out the papers for Aud's 1st b-day and some pics from her party and whipped out this bad boy. This is actually my first layout about her first birthday and it doesn't have her in it. Yikes! I'll be bringing these papers and photos along with me this weekend and hopefully I'll crank a few more out for her. :)
Day 6-We had to enter a contest on the blog for this challenge in honor of her son's b-day. :) I made a Valentine's Day card for Andrew using the sketch and I love it so much that I snagged it for my scrap room right after I gave it to him! I LOVE Baker's Twine!!!!

Remember the calendars I made for Christmas gifts? These teeny pics are the index prints from those. They are a quarter of the size of normal index prints because I had four different pictures on each print.

I've only done six of the sketches because that's all that were posted by the time I had my Super Bowl scrappy weekend. LOL! I'm heading out for a scrappy retreat this weekend and so I'll print out the rest and take them with me. Hopefully, I get them all done because I'm having so much fun with them!!! :)
If you've got a little time, you should totally join in!

1 comment:

kate blue said...

loving all of it and the peacock one IS my favorite! good way to use those index sheets too: I will have to lift that idea from you if you don't mind :)