Thursday, December 4, 2008

Baby, it's cold Outside!

Today it barely reached 50 and with the wind, it's felt quite a bit colder outside. Well, it's cold inside, too! When Mickey and I got back from our errand running today the thermostat was flashing "bat low" so I changed the batteries. Nothing happened. Weird stuff was flashing on the thermostat and no heat. So, I tried two different batteries. Still nothing. Turned it on and off and turned the furnace on an off. Nada. I pulled the batteries out yet again and noticed that the top battery touch thingy (I so can't remember the word...oh, wait I think it's contact!!) was covered in a lovely vertiginous powder. The darn thing corroded! So, I did what I always do when faced with situations like this...called Andrew!

He said he'd fix it when he got home. He'll be home about an hour from now.

In the meantime...I'm cold!!!!

No comments: