Sunday, December 21, 2008

The First Day of Winter

Hah! We've been here for a while, folks! Here are a couple of pics I got last night.
This first one is of our north facing window covered in ice. Pretty, huh? I had to take quite a few to get one to turn out as I was hand holding these shots and with the long exposure I kept wobbling.
This next one is our the outside of our house, all lit up. I only stayed out long enough to take three and this is the only one that turned out.

It's the best I could do with my point and shoot resting on my tripod. (I couldn't get it to thread onto the tripod) It was just too cold and sleeting too much for me to get a shot. Not to mention I really didn't want to attract the attention of some people who were running around in just boxer shorts, drunk and taking pictures!!! When I went back in and told Andrew about it he said, "Darwinism at it's finest!" LOL!

I've got some pictures from today but I'll post them a little later. Andrew is out shoveling snow and I must get some shots of that! I love watching that man work! :D

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Look at that ice!!! I am loving this awesome weather too! People must think we are crazy going on and on about the weather, lol! I haven't seen it like this since I was a little kid, maybe jr high! That was over 20 years ago !

I love those ornaments you made, so cute!! I never thought of printing a photo on transparencies!!

I got your Christmas card, I love how you did everyone's photo separate, and included baby H!!! I am tickled you thought of me!

I want to scrapbook too, but with everyone, not just myself! We are going to be doing another crop soon, like the OPSC, but not geared around the Convention, but will be doing the little projects. I sure hope you can make the next one!