Monday, December 1, 2008

Countdown to Christmas!!

Here's my new Christmas Countdown calendar. I made it a week or so ago and I just love it. I hung it up today so it is our first official Christmas decoration!







The pictures are awful because I took them at night! :::oops!::: I used Scenic Route's Roxbury line.


And......I have instructions!!!!

(Well, I'm working on that. My uncle gave me this computer (love him!) and the Microsoft Office trial just ran out yesterday!!! So, I bought a new one (thank you cyber monday sale!) and I'm having huge problems trying to install. So, I'll just finish this post and add the instructions later.)

So, today. Mickey and I had a lazy morning and after lunch we headed out. Mailed bills, went to Costco, went to Powell's, went to Scrapbook Attack, went to the Gap, got lost, went to Craft Warehouse and then stopped by JoAnn's on the way home. Dropped off Mickey, went to the storage unit, then Fred Meyer, then my dad's and finally home. PHEW!!! Pretty successful trip except for the craft stores. I'm still on the hunt for 1" clear glass ornaments. I've got a killer idea for them, I just need to find them!!!

Now I'm watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas and trying to get my MS Office purchase to work by installing a MS Office trial and then seeing if it will let me upgrade to the one I just bought. ARGH! I'm soooooo not the most computer literate person on the block.

Gosh, I hope this works!!!

Yes!!! I did it!!! The whole get the trial thing and then upgrade totally worked. Take that computer!!! Bwahahahahahaha!!!! :D

Okay, here are the instructions for my Christmas Countdown.

Cut an 11” circle out of Roxbury Dearborne St (I used a dinner plate)
Cute a 3” strip of Roxbury Forest St, making sure to get two full rows of trees
Mat Forest St strip on 3 ½” strip of black card stock
Adhere to Dearborne St circle and trim to fit circle
Cut 3 ¼” strip of Roxbury Rockville Park and mat with 3 ½” strip of black cardstock
Adhere to bottom of circle and trim
With Happy Valley Black stickers spell out “Our” in top section
Then spell out “Countdown” with same stickers in middle red section
Using Redmond Stencil chipboard letters in black, spell out “Christmas” on the Forest St strip
Punch out three stars from the Chipboard Stars Shapes. Paint black and while the 2nd coat is still wet add black glitter (this is totally the best way I've found to get great coverage!)
Tie two strands of black Kreinik through five Grafton buttons
Adhere two larger stars to either side of “countdown” and adhere a button to the top of each
Punch 2 holes ½”- ¾” apart in top of pizza tray and tie black ribbon through
Adhere smaller star with a button on it over ribbon between the holes
Punch 12-1 7/8” scalloped squares out of Worn Blue Grid Background paper
Punch 12-1 ¼” squares out of coordinating cardstock
Using Cape Town Black White Square Stickers, adhere the #’s 0,0,1,1,2,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 to the cardstock squares. (#6 will also be used as #9)
Mount cardstock backed numbers to scalloped squares using dimensional adhesive
Adhere a small strong magnet to the back of each scalloped square (I tried that magnetic tape but it only worked when there was one piece of paper it had to grab through. Two pieces of paper and one of cardstock was too much for it.)
Adhere the remaining two buttons to either side of striped paper.
The countdown numbers will go between the buttons and the leftover numbers can be stored on the back
Enjoy! :D

8 comments:

Kay said...

I love it!!! Thanks for the instructions too!

LouAnn said...

Love the countdown calendar. It's really cute. I haven't even dug out mine yet. Guess I'd better get to that today.

LouAnn

tigardlilly said...

Great count down calendar. How's the dream house situation going?

Christina Carnoy said...

That is really cute!!!! Thanks for the instructions, that is always so helpful!

Brooke said...

I love it! I posted a link to this on my own blog, if you don't mind.

I would love to put something like this together. Thanks for the instructions!

Anonymous said...

Love it...and the instructions are great. Question..did you sand, prim and paint the pan first? And what adhesive did you use?
TFS

Erica Hettwer said...

Glad you all liked it! :D

April~no sanding, no paint, just the regular silver tray. The adhesive I used was my Kokuyo Dot'n'Roller. That stuff is wonderful!

Erica Hettwer said...

Glad you all liked it! :D

April~no sanding, no paint, just the regular silver tray. The adhesive I used was my Kokuyo Dot'n'Roller. That stuff is wonderful!