Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Monthly Planner for 2009

So I picked up this cool aqua planner at Target in the Dollar Spot....Hmmm, I see a trend here! LOL!!!

I loved everything about it except that the front cover had a little bit of gold embossing. I'm not the hugest fan of gold. But, it wasn't that noticable and I figured that if it bugged me that much I could always alter it later. Well, little man got ahold of it and an ink pen and colored all over that gold section. So, I just HAD to alter it now!! LOL! And, since I'd gotten some killer My Mind's Eye paper at a LSS a few days before, I decided to use that.

I cut a section of the paper with the polka dots wide enough to cover the pen marks and trimmed one edge around the dots. Then I glued it to the cover. I did flip it over to trim up the edges a little with my craft knife. Then, I found a pic of Andrew and Mickey and trimmed it and glued the matching frame to the top center of it. I also had purchased a star diecut frame and so I printed out a little picture of Baby H's profile and put it in there. ;D

The letters are all American Crafts Thickers. Green and white are foam daiquiri and the orange is vinyl sprinkles.

Here's the final product!


And, here's a quick shot of the inside. I just love the whole month at a glance! So easy to work with! :D


Tonight, we are waiting for the fire truck to come around with Santa Claus to pick up canned food. Little man gets to stay up for that. And, you can bet I have my camera all ready with fresh batteries, my 50mm 1.8 and a CF card!!!

After I put Mickey to bed, I may work on my days one and two of my December Daily album. Wish me luck!!! :D

No comments: