Tuesday, December 28, 2010

December Daily-Day 28!

Today, we hung out at home again and just watched it rain. It rained over an inch today! Andrew took the extra tables out to the shop and I scrapbooked. I also got to finish my book! It was The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and my brother also got me The Girl Who Played with Fire but I'm trying to refrain from starting it now as I really should start taking down the trees.

Every year for New Years we go over to Andrew's friend's house and the guys wire fireworks to all our old trees and set them on fire. I know, it's totally insane but we all have a great time, especially the kids. Mickey goes nuts and he's been looking forward to it since Andrew told him about it last week.

Oh, and just in case you didn't believe me when I told you it was really rainy, here are some pics. The neighbor's creek is totally flooded!

And, there's a drain from the ditch in the road that feeds through our property. It got clogged with leaves so the neighbors had to come out and clear it and once they did, this mini fountain of water errupted in our back yard! I didn't get a pic until it had calmed down but you can still see it's got a bit of height if you look just to the left of the bush. I wanted to get a better shot but it was still raining. :)

So, no more laundry for us until this rain stops or else our septic field will back flow into our house. Granny will be thrilled because it means will be bugging her for a while. Ah, the joys of country living! :)

No comments: