Sunday, December 5, 2010

My New Favorite Layout (with lots of gratuitous close-ups)

This is that two page layout I was working on with the November My Scrapbook Nook kit. I seriously worked on this off and on for two days!

I love the darn thing so much that I think I'm going to try to find a 12x24 inch canvas, paint the edges black and adhere this to it so I can mount it on the wall in our dining room.
Sorry about all the close-ups but I got a smidge carried away with them. :D Have I mentioned how much I love this layout? Cause I do! Hee!

Oh, and it was picked over at the Nook as a Friday Favorite (my first one!) and it was featured on the Cosmo Cricket Facebook page. Super excited about that!

What do you guys do with your very favorite layouts? Do you display them in your home? Do they get their own album?

Thanks for sticking with me through all these. :) I love you bunches!

Ooooh, check this one out! I had seen edges ripped like this on layouts before and wanted to try it. Of course I couldn't rip it, I had to cut it, love those smooth edges! I started the roll with my paper piercer but then it got too long so I grabbed a toothpick to finish it off and it worked like a charm. While I was trying to figure out what adhesive I should use, I let go and it stayed all by itself! No adhesive needed at all. Super cool!

Last shot! I used up every Pink Paislee circle shaped element included in the kit!

I made a couple other things with it too. (No gratuitous close-up on these, I promise!) A Christmas card...

and a layout about Mickey's first day of preschool.


Man, that was a great kit and I still have a ton left over.
Thanks for stopping by! :D

1 comment:

Heather said...

Im not surprised you want to hang this on the wall - its beautiful! & I love those circle elements too xx