Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Album 2011-Day 25~Part 3!

Our final Christmas event was held at my mom's house. We arrived there a bit after five. Audrey fell asleep on the ride over and stayed asleep as I carried her into the house. I sat down with her and she slept...all through the meal! My mom wound up making me up a plate and I ate it while holding her. They asked if I wanted to lay her down on a bed but I declined. I only have a few years of holding my sleeping kids and I cherish each minute!

Once my step-brother and his kids arrived, we moved into the living room to open presents. Aud had woken up by then and she and Mickey were really excited to see their cousins! And then, the present madness began! Aud got a new quilt for her bed, an antique desk, a stuffed dog, some money and lots of other fun goodies! Mickey got a new Batman shirt, a DVD, some money, a Leap Pad with games and lots of other fun goodies! I got some longer plates for my Cuttlebug, a craft book, some money, and other goodies. Andrew got a golfing book, some money and other fun goodies.

The funniest moment of the night was when Audrey starting saying, "I spill. I spill, Mama.". AS she wasn't holding anything I had no idea what she was talking about until I noticed some drops running down her leg. Ooops! Her diaper had shifted and she'd had an accident on my folks antique rug! Fortunately, they thought that it was funny and Andrew changed her while I cleaned up the mess.

We headed home and got the kids to bed and were so glad that our Christmas adventures were done! In fact, three out of four of us wore jammies all day on the 26th and Andrew only got dressed in the afternoon to go over to a friend's house for a few hours. He changed into sweats as soon as he got back. Ha!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas holiday!!!

No comments: