Friday, December 30, 2011

Project Life!





So, I've done it! I ordered Project Life. All I got was the Clementine cards (Core Kit) and the Clementine cardstock. The cardstock's actually just for me to scrap with because I LOVE the colors! LOL! I will be ordering the A style page protectors but they are out of stock right now.






In the meantime, I'll make do by using my divided page protectors that hold six horizontal 4x6's. In the center row, I'll tuck the 2x3 pieces in side There's a rumor that the Design A Pages will be back in stock sometime in January so hopefully, I'll only have a few weeks to go like that.


The album I'll be using is the American Crafts 12x12 DRing Album in Black. I'm really hopeful that this project will be within my abilities to maintain. My biggest concern is that I'll fall so far behind on ordering pictures it will make me give up on the rest. So, to help make the photo ordering process easier, I've come up with this.



Okay, I know it looks like a big black rectangle floating in midair but it's actually a 4x6 horizontal white rectangle with two black 2 7/8" x 4" vertical "openings". LOL! I've got it saved as a .psd on my desktop so whenever I need to create the smaller Project Life size photos it will be a lot quicker and easier. :) It will also enable me to order the much cheaper 4x6's instead. Two for the price of one! Yay!!! The reason I didn't move them to the edges to fill up that extra 1/4 of space is because my Costco doesn't print true 4x6 photos. They're a bit short of 6" so I left white space on either side so my photos don't get cropped.

I've been reading a lot of the posts out there on Project Life and I've compiled tons of tips on what to do when you haven't quite got enough photos/ephemera to fill up a week, how/where to take notes, scheduling time to do your weekly layouts, all sorts of great stuff. I've got like four pages of stuff copied. I printed it out, two pages per sheet, and I'm going to put it in the front of my album in an 8 1/2 x 11 page protector so it's always handy when I need help.


Here are a few links to my favorite posts about Project Life.

Lisa Truesdell - Great tips on filling in when the week is light.

Studio Calico - They've got an entire section of their message board dedicated to PL!

Marcy Penner - She's got awesome post on Photos, Ephemera and Notetaking, Supplies, Putting it Together, and Everything Else.

Michelle Wooderson - How to catch up if you get behind.


Oh, and if you want a copy of my template, just leave a comment below with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you. If you'd like, feel free to click that follow button on the right, too! ;)

3 comments:

Becky said...

Thank you soo much for this post! I am going to be checking out the links!:-) Looks like fun!!!

Samantha said...

I finally ordered PL, too, and I got the exact same things you did! I can't wait for the page protectors to get back in stock. Now I need to figure out exactly how I'm going to use this kit.

Jenna said...

Hi! I found your blog because I was searching on how to make the 3X4 pictures for project life. I have Photoshop elements 10 but I can't figure out how to to put 2 pictures together like you showed on a 4X6 template and then cut in half for the 3X4 spots. Can you help/explain it please! Thanks. :)